Friday, December 28, 2007

Soul Epigraph?

Epigraphy is the study of inscriptions found on ancient ruins. From the hieroglyphs of Egypt and the legal decrees of the Rosetta stone to obscene graffiti scratched into the walls of Pompeii, people have made a lasting impression by carving "their message" in stone or metal. I believe the written word has great power in the shaping of a human soul. Many of the books I've read through the years have left a deep imprint on my soul affecting how I think and feel about many of life's most important issues. SoulEpigraph is a catalogue of the books I've been reading lately and my impressions of the material and the author. In my postings I hope to convey how my life is being shaped by a particular book and also to give personal recommendations concerning who might also find such a book beneficial. I will gladly post your comments positive or negative about any book I cover in this blog with the proviso that you actually have read the book you are commenting on. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: